Monday, January 4, 2010

Inspiration from Michael Kors Jewelry Part I

Michael Kors, a renowned fashion designer, is no stranger to those who follow the 'Project Runway' series. His classic, chic, yet sensible aesthetic on clothing styles are a favourite among the celebrities.

Last November, I came across an accessory piece from his collection, named 'Cha
in Link Necklace'. The necklace may look industrial-like but I find the chunky links exude feminity in the wearer. It costs US$700 for the piece.

Anyway, having seen the necklace, I decided to make an exaggerated version of the oval links using tubular peyote stitch. I used the TOHO matte silver for all the rings, except the center one which is in bright silver, for a subtle contrast effect. This project was pretty time-consuming as each ring took 30-40 minutes to complete. Now that I have completed and relooked at the original piece, I probably didn't need to make so many links, perhaps just the center portion and have some big beads/chains at the back.

Although my necklace looks far from Michael Kor's creation, it was a fun experience trying out the project.

Model photo is taken from Michael Kors website.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, I like this post & wants to reads more post on indian silver jewelry & gemstone beads.


    ----------
    Indian Silver Supplier

    ReplyDelete