Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pearly Netted Necklace

I am still in the "Pearly Netted" frenzy and decided to create a fully embellished necklace. This time round, I used my favourite gemstone, Amazonite beads instead of Swarovski crystal pearls for its unique characteristics. The actual necklce looks more greenish. Another difference is that I created my own clasp to give it a wholesome look. I will try to take a photo of myself wearing it.

Some of the students have feedback to me that the bangle can be quite heavy with the 8mm pearls. If you prefer a more petite look, you may like to consider using 3mm, 4mm and 6mm pearls/beads only.

I have some other gemstones available and plan to pack them into materials kits (manual complimentary). I am currently making samples of them so that you can have a rough idea of how they look. Alternatively, you may also purchase a simple instructional manual at S$6 which includes the clasp making (never been taught by me before). However, you should already have the 'Pearly Netted Bangle' manual as the basic steps will not be repeated.

I will blog again when the kits and manual are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment