Monday, March 22, 2010

New Project - Brassy Turquoise Ring

Gracing our website cover is my latest project, named Brassy Turquoise Ring. The technique isn't anything fanciful, just the good old Bead Embroidery. Initially, I had intended to make it into a pendant but was too lazy to stitch the accompaying necklace rope, thus turned it into a ring instead.

I stick to only 3 seed bead colours in this project, i.e. Metallic Gold, Chocolate Brown and the new "Heavy Metal" Brass seed beads. I wanted to try the "heavy metal" seed beads and while I like the finish, I find them quite challenging to work with on certain projects because of their big bead hole and curvature. The cabochon is a fused glass in size 1.5" by 1".

I have just ordered some new glass colours and looking forward to create more fused glass rings!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ... will you be teaching this in your class? I am interested in learning how to make this ring! Your accessories are lovely!!! Hope to sign up for your May classes when the schedule is out.

    - Iris Lim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris

    Thank you for your lovely compliments. This class on bead embroidery will actually be conducted this Sunday, 28 Mar. Unfortunately, the class is full now. I will keep you informed if another similar class is scheduled. Would you like to sign up for our Email Newsletter (see bottom right) and you will receive news on our classes and activities.

    Thank you again for your interest!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete