Friday, March 19, 2010

Japanese Book Binding

Yesterday, I attended a private class with Arden of Creative Escape on Japanese Book Binding. At first glance, it seems like a difficult craft to learn but it is quite easy and I had fun creating the book from scratch. Of course, Arden was a wonderful instructor and made the lesson a breeze for me. I am really pleased with how the book turned out. I have lots of scrap fabric and mounting boards from my early days of making framed art, so they can be put to good use now.


I showed my elder son when I came back. This morning, he has monopolised the book and started drawing his favourite planets and stars on it. There goes my very first self-made book.


If you like to pick up the skill on Japanese Book Binding, you may like to check out the class schedule with Creative Escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment