Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pearly Netted Bangle Part III

This bangle was completed yesterday. I have used the TOHO seed beads instead of Czech Rep. seed beads, so as to see the difference between the two kinds. The challenging part was using 1 colour to do the netting. I had to unpick so many times because the pattern can get quite confusing.

Red is one of my favourite colours and recently I have seen many fine jewellery paired with red ruby stones which look absolutely stunning. The closest I could find from Swarovski crystal pearls range is the crystal Bordeaux, named after the world's leading fine wine region in Southwest France. I mixed it with Dark Red Corals crystals and I think it is a good combination. In my opinion, the photo doesn't do justice to the actual piece as it is unable to capture the richness and sparkle of the stones.

I plan to wear it for my baby's baptism on Sunday, so now I have a good excuse to shop for a matching dress to go with it!

In case, you are planning to make a similar piece in time for Lunar New Year, I am sorry to inform that the seed beads are out of stock! The pearls and crystals were purchased from Beads Cage which also sells a good range of seed beads. I am planning to stitch my next piece in GREEN. I may offer materials kit in this combinations (pearls + crystals). Email me if you are interested.

Only 1 seat left for the Pearly Netted Bangle class, do sign up fast if you have not done so!

No comments:

Post a Comment