Friday, February 19, 2010

March Class I - Collar Necklace

When it comes to bead embroidery, I usually do not think too much and just decide as I bead along. The “Collar Necklace” project centers around the turquoise cabochon which I had used as the focal piece. I bought this cabochon many years ago from Tibet and never got to use it until now. Then, I looked through my pile of cabochons and found some matching turquoise cabochons and coral cabochons for contrast.

I am not exactly a “goldie” person but I stuck to my favourite metallic gold/supra gold/dark gold seed beads to bead embroider the body. I completed the project over a period of time but it wasn’t as tedious or complicated as it looks.

For the ‘Collar Necklace’ class in March, students will learn how to construct the collar necklace from beginning to end. This class is slightly different from previous as it will be more theoretical and I am letting the students to think carefully on the design before embarking on the project, thus only partial materials are provided.

The class is fully registered at the moment. If you like to be put on waitlist, please email us.

No comments:

Post a Comment