Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May New Arrivals

Hammertone Toggle Clasps

These toggle clasps which are available in 22kt gold-plated and rhodium-plated, add beautiful accent to the closures of your masterpieces. I especially like the hammered texture on each one and its high quality, i.e. lead-free and unlikely to tarnish easily. Link

Swarovski Crystal Rivolis

At long last, I have found these 10.7mm Swarovski crystal rivolis! Some suppliers have referred them as 10mm rivolis. However, I believe there are actually 10mm sized rivolis as I have received 1 vintage one from a supplier, so perhaps they are no longer in production and being replaced by these 10.7mm rivolis.

In any case, they are great addition to your beading projects if you prefer smaller sized rivolis. Currently, Beady Girl carries 3 colours, namely Topaz, Siam and Emerald. If you have other colours in mind, drop us a note and we may be able to bring them in. Link (Siam & Emerald Rivolis are currently out of stock.)

Project Kits - Endless Spiral Necklace
During my last class on 'Russian Spiral Necklace, I had demonstrated the technique of creating the 'Endless Spiral Necklace' and sparked a great interest in its comeback. I have brought in some lovely gemstones and new beads combinations for this project kit. Link

From Left to Right:
Black Sesame Jasper - Metaphysically, jasper is known as the stone of relaxation and tranquility. This lovely gemstone has a delicate translucent white with a swirl of mint green and a seasoning of black polka-dots. I thought the mint green looks very similar to amazonite colour. SOLD OUT

Ocean Jasper - Ocean jasper is found at the northwestern ocean coast of Madagascar. It displays rich hues and mottled accents in green, rust, grey, cream, blue, brown, and camel. A very nice earthy combination I must say. SOLD OUT

Yellow Turquoise - Yellow turquoise is not exactly "Turquoise", but a blend of quartz and jaspers. It is more of a moss to lime green to yellow in colour. These flat ovals look like pebbles picked from outdoors and are great for beaders who like the "organic" look.

Please note that the project kits only comprise of materials and no instruction manual is included.

Seed Beads
Some of our seed beads which had been out of stock are replenished and we have added some new colours to the collection. Link

Size 15 Miyuki galvanised silver seed beads will be available for sale in about a week's time.

2 comments:

  1. oh..oh.. my dear cynthia looks like i missed d "boat" ocean jasper sold out so fast! if new stock arrives pls email me? mean while i will shop around.. oso i got stuck with d endless sprial.. think i miss out 1 step after placing d stone in i do d usual spiral then turn back again to kind like make a u-turn ya? some how it look so weirdo.. sighh... :( teacher on holiday my beading oso on hold.. but meanwhile i take up wirework frm Izel tho.. Rgds -Lynda (yr student)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda
    Sorry that the beads you like are out of stock. I will definitely inform you when the new stock comes in. As for the Endless Spiral project, I guess I can only show you when I return.
    Best Regards, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete