Friday, July 9, 2010

My Bead Crochet Project

This bead crochet necklace was crochet using the traditional method. It is made up of a 6-bead row as I prefer a thicker rope. The beautiful seed beads are a mix of Turquoise and Topaz Picasso beads in Size 8/0. They are from Beads & Babble. I used C-Lon Fine cord for the thread and a 1.25mm crochet needle.

The necklace rope can be worn on its own or attached with a pendant. For the pendant, I have embroidered around a turquoise fused glass using different mixes of topaz seed beads (to match the necklace).

The crochet rope will be taught during the class.

* Material Kits will be available for sale after 18 July!

Acknowledgements: I would like to thank my good friend, Lis, (Simple Arts Planet) and student, Phyllis for their valuable input on crochet resources.

2 comments: