Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a Coincidence!

I was surfing the net looking for small metal beads when I chanced upon this website called 'The Bead Palor'. Actually, the instructors' works from this palor have appeared in many issues of the Bead & Button Magazine but I have never really checked out its site.

Anyway, what caught my eye is a class conducted by Ms Shelley Nybakke on 'Lucious Links', which looks almost similar to my 'Golden Chain' Necklace.

I believe Ms Shelley has created hers using the Peyote stitch but probably in a different variation to mine. Her links are flatter and in oval shape, whereas mine are thicker round shaped links.


I just thought it is amazing to see two people from different parts of the world coming up with an almost identical design. Well, I guess it is not surprising as well since there are not many ways you can design with the links.


Updates: Ms Shelley has kindly advised that her "Lucious Links" was created using the Right Angle Weave and the project was published in the Beadwork Magazine February/March 2008 issue.

2 comments:

  1. Mine is actually made with RAW. It was published in one of the Beadwork Magazines. I like making chains for some weird reason.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shelley,

    Thank you very much for your kind comments and advice on the technique used. Will certainly check out the Beadwork Magazine issue for your lovely work.

    Rgds, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete