Monday, August 9, 2010

Russian Spiral

I made this necklace specially for my mentor's wife. It was stitched using the Russian Spiral technique. This technique may look complicated but it is deceptively easy to stitch as compared to other beading stitches. It allows you to make use of different sized beads to create a beautiful rope in no time.

For this piece, I have chosen the Picasso Firepolished glass beads and seed beads in Turquoise. The Picasso finish on the beads gives it a very natural, earthy look.

This technique will be taught at my forthcoming Beady Party. Do check out the details!



Using the same Russian Spiral technique, I made this long, endless opera necklace for a customer. It was stitched with Supra Gold and Bright Gold seed beads throughout. The combination of the matte and bright gold blends together very well and doesn't overpower you with the gold.

After stitching the necklace, I like it myself and was actually hoping the customer may decide not to take it. Hopefully, I will be motivated to stitch this 48" long necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment