Thursday, June 17, 2010

Doilies

Many of you would have known by now that my designs are usually simple and contemporary. This is probably by far my most elaborated necklace piece.

As the name suggests, the inspiration for this necklace comes from the crocheted doilies and the colour combination draws from my wedding cheongsam dress (turquoise dress with large red flowers prints). The seed beads used are the Picasso range, combined with my favourite Supra Gold seed beads. The piece goes very well with a white plain shirt (no collar kind), to bring out the vibrant turquosie and deep red colours.

I have not quite decided if I am going to run a class on this project or pack it into a project kit because of a delay/shortage in the picasso seed beads supply. In any case, I will be offering other colour combinations. I shall keep you posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment