Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pearly Netted Necklace - Antique Brass

I recently completed another netted necklace piece using Swarovski Crystal pearls. For this necklace, I used "heavy" metal seed beads in dark copper and brass and embellished with Antqiue Brass crystal pearls. The final piece is pretty weighty!

I find the Antique Brass quite a unique colour and not a popular choice as far as I know. The reason why I did this combination is because I have this bag of heavy metal seed beads in Brass and thought it will be nice to mix with Brass beads. Personally, I find the heavy metal seed beads quite difficult to work with because of the curved "sharp" edges. The good news however is that they give a very uniform look to the final piece. Overall, I love how the necklace turns out. A good glam accessory to own!

No comments:

Post a Comment