Friday, July 3, 2009

July Crafter - The Laughing House

I chanced upon 'The Laughing House' while surfing the Etsy site one day. 'The Laughing House' carries a range of beautiful purses, like organiser clutch, tool bags, bible/journal covers, camera cases, wristlets, accordian purses and etc. As a bag lover, I couldn't resist not looking at them and gave myself a reason to buy my first organiser clutch wristlet. I said it is the first, because subsequently, I made 3 more purchases!


The second purchase was a 3-in-1 Organiser Clutch Purse that Winniel (the owner) has customised with my own material. I have this beautiful paisely printed cloth which I bought from US and I thought it will be perfect to turn it into a clutch purse for my beading tools. The third purchase was also a customised work. I have requested Winniel to make me a larger sized purse to store Marcus's diapering necessities. Winniel gave me alot of constructive suggestions and I am very happy with the final result. The fourth purchase was a gift for my friend who has been a really great supporter of Beady Girl. I got her a 3-in-1 Organiser Clutch Purse as well which is multi-functional.

'The Laughing House' is a local business, run by Winniel and the woman behind the great works is her beloved Mom. It is a perfect mother and daughter partnership where Winniel does the marketing and business aspects, and her Mom produces the masterpieces. Winniel has a great eye for beautiful fabrics and this is part of the reason why her bags are so sought after. Mom's workmanship is superb and I have to emphasize that the purses are really very well-made in my opinion.

Besides having a good product, Winniel also wins her customers over with her great personality. She is an extremely friendly and helpful lady, and it is always a great joy corresponding with her. After several conversations with her, we found out we are actually schoolmates from high school!

So, if you are looking for one-of-a-kind handcrafted purses, do check out 'The Laughing House'! I know I will definitely be back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment